Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Chapter ??


Trying to figure out God and his ways is a lot like trying to master the game of golf. Right when you think you have that slice in your drive figured out, your short game goes down the tubes. Then you work and work to correct your short game only to see that you can't putt to save your life. And around and around it goes. I have spend a good portion of this year trying to figure out, for my family and I, just what God is up to. And it's from this search that I can honestly say, "I HAVE NO IDEA!" I do know this. Earlier this I year I was asking God to restore within me that sense of adventure back into my daily walk with him...well you get what you ask for.

In October of last year I left the church I had poured myself into for almost 7 years without really knowing what was ahead of me. The afternoon I left, is when I received the first phone call from Westview Church, where I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of. I left Point Of Grace, completely burnt out, hurt and thinking maybe, that after almost 20 years of working in ministry, that I was done. But in just a short time, 8 months working part-time at Westview, I've rediscovered that I still love seeing lives changed and watching people utilize their gifts when giving back to God. This summer has been a much needed time of rest and renewal. So now the adventure continues, back to full-time ministry.

Really kind of out of nowhere, I was presented with an opportunity to join the staff at Valley Church located in West Des Moines, and after talking back and forth for a week or so, I accepted the position of Director Of Programming at www.valley-church.com. Now I've only been on staff for 4 days now, but I have to say I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to what God had in store.

I will miss seeing the new friends we made at Westview on a weekly basis, but as always hope that we can continue to remain friends. You can never have enough friends.

So to Westview we say thank you and you have been a blessing from God to my family and I, and to Valley Church we are extremely excited to dig in and get involved.

Tim

1 comment:

John C said...

I'm not sure how I missed this but it just showed up in my reader. Anyway - wow - CONGRATS! That's VERY cool. I know that's a good church. They're lucky to have you. We lead worship there for one of the EV Free Regional Conferences or something like that shortly after I came to Parkview (which is another EVF church.) Anyway, very cool. I'm happy for you!

We have some friends that attend there I think - Nevin & Janene Suddarth. Nevin was Exec Pastor at Parkview for 2 years and Janene was receptionist and very involved in worship as a vocalist. (kind of a Sandy Patty style type.) Nevin went back into the marketplace and they moved to DM last year for his job. But both GREAT people.

Also a VERY good/great violinist Meagan Harris I believe goes there. She used to go to PV when she was in school here.

Keep me posted. Let me know if there's anything I can ever do for you there!!

- John