Monday, August 18, 2008

Change


Change. Some hate it, some love it, others thrive on it. No matter how much we try to avoid it, it's inevitable, we can't escape it. Change is part of our human existence.

But to quote my good friend Tom Clegg, "the only ones who like change are wet babies!" So how do we deal with it?

A few weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to speak at Lutheran Church of Hope on the topic of Creativity. To summarize what I spoke on was this:

God calls us to be creative. Creativity equals change.
Change brings fear. Fear requires trust.
Trust requires faith. Faith requires God.
For the past three weeks we've had the opportunity to have Dr. Tom Clegg speak at Westview for our current series, titled after his seventh book, "Missing In America." This past Sunday he used a quote in his message that reminded me of what I've been thinking on over the past few weeks. The quote he used was this:
"Healthy things grow. Growing things change. Change challenges us. Challenges cause us to trust God. Trust leads to obedience. Obedience makes us healthy. And healthy things grow."

So repeat after me... change is good. Change is good. Change is...

No comments: